iMessage is a built-in instant messaging service(IM) on iPhones which lets the user send text, pictures, videos, files etc., easily and quickly to anyone else with an iPhone, iPad, a Mac PC or an Apple watch using iMessage.
This is an extensive messaging service that only Apple Inc. provides for which can send messages without any payable costs and without any need to download third-party apps like WhatsApp, Viber etc.
iMessage for PC has given the users many features including AppStore, safari browser and many more.
However, this service can be used on PC’s other than Macintosh by certain installations.
Following are the methods to get iMessage on Windows –
Method 1: Using Chrome Remote Desktop
Chrome Remote Desktop is a utility extension which lets the user access the screen of any other computer remotely. But this method requires buying of a MacBook or iMac which already have an iMessage service in it.
This method works as the TeamViewer, but the Windows user can send and receive messages using Chrome Remote Desktop.
Method 2: iPadian Emulator
This is one of the most useful emulators made for Windows PC through which an iOS can be easily emulated on a Windows-based machine and also access anything available on the iOS ecosystem right from Windows computer.
This is not just the only emulator available but there are many emulators which provide for use of the iOS system on Windows.
Steps to download this emulator are –
- An iPadian installer can be downloaded from softonic.com
- Once the installer gets downloaded, hit run the exe.installer to install iPadian.
- After installing, the application will ask for the users’ Apple ID and password if the user owns one. If not the user may create a new Apple ID.
- Now, the iOS ecosystem can be accessed from the users’ Windows PC where the iPadian interface looks exactly like that of an iPad.
- Then look for the iMessage in the apps and launch it to using the service.
Method 3: Using Bluestacks
Bluestacks is an app which helps the user to access any social networking app without any connection to the smartphone. For example, WhatsApp Web can only be used when WhatsApp is in use in the smartphone. But Bluestacks helps the user even without an internet active phone to use WhatsApp on PC.
- Download Bluestacks Android Emulator software from any public domain.
- Install it like any other software and run it.
- Search for the iMessage app in the search bar.
- Download it, set it up and it’s good to go.
Features of iMessage on PC
Share Media and More
The app lets the user share photos, videos, audios, documents and many more. The real-time location can also be shared.
The app lets the user sync messages with the users’ email which is helpful in recovering the messages from any device if the phone gets stolen or breaks.
If there is no proper internet connection, the iMessage on PC allows the user to use default messaging services to send text messages which helps maintain communication in necessary situations.
This app can be used on iPhones, iPads, iMac and Apple watches. It can also be used on non-iPhone devices like Windows to connect with friends.
Other alternatives to use an iMessage service just like iPadion PC are –
- AIR iPhone Emulator
- MobiOne Studio
- iPhone Simulator.